???about original specs on a holly carb jetting??? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2004, 02:09 PM

Last journal entry: nova
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

???about original specs on a holly carb jetting???

Thanks for all the help on my last thread, I looked up my original specs on my holly carbs, carb #0-9776 450 cfm and the jet sizes are throwing me off. it read that the front should have 582 jets,and the rear should have 134-6 jets i thought they was allways double numbers like 66-68 and so on..i tried calling the guy that worked on it, but cant get him at home.i wanted to get my old jets back so i can put it back to the original specs.before i put the 50cc pumps on.. could some one explane the numbers to me. I called the parts store and they said that i would have to get that from a performance shop which we dont have here.. and one more thing, i have never tried adjusting the idler mixture screws with a vacuum gauge, and now with 2 carbs i know i need to ask how does that work??or how to do that, i have always backed them out about a turn and a half and played with it,
thanks robbie

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2004, 04:05 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Here's a PDF from Holley with all the jetting specs, if the spec says 122-68...the last number is the jet size.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/CarbList.pdf

Do a search on the forum on "idle mixture", there are literally hundreds of threads on how to set idle mixture any number of ways.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:33 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
Here's a PDF from Holley with all the jetting specs, if the spec says 122-68...the last number is the jet size.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/CarbList.pdf

Do a search on the forum on "idle mixture", there are literally hundreds of threads on how to set idle mixture any number of ways.
I called summit racing and he said that the 582 jets are a special jet for that set-up but told me if i couldnt find the original jets to put 58 jets in and start from there, thanks for your help, im learning alot from asking--- Robbie
Old 04-02-2004, 06:34 PM

Last photo:

the 582 is a close limit jet used for emissions I think they flow somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 to 30 % less flow than a conventional jet.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:20 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by LilSmoke
the 582 is a close limit jet used for emissions I think they flow somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 to 30 % less flow than a conventional jet.
was the summit tech right by saying start off with a #58 jet??? he said that was close to the 582
Old 04-02-2004, 08:18 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

The close spec jet is flow tested to be within a couple of % of the actual flow rating for that size, a regular size 58 jet is just fine. It's not like your going to pass any emission tests with a dual double pumper topped tunnel ram anyway.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.