Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ABS brakes on '72 chevelle?
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 09:15 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelands child
Who did that proof testing? I've heard that old saw time and again but have yet to see any technical paper that says that beyond hearsay/someone's seat of the pants.

Give me REAL links with REAL tests by proven experts and make me change MY mind.

Dave W
My experience came straight from GM from training over the years required in my line of work. Good enough for me, plus personal experience with both as I can match the results. Maybe others don't have the reflexes and need help? I can't speak for everybody. It really doesn't matter to me if you're convinced or not as my stuff stops and I don't feel the need to dig deeper to prove anything - it's simply information.

As an add-on, it only takes about 10 seconds to find http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/200...er-risk-by-51/ . Naturally, you can find anything to counter anything on the net, but these results back up my personal training in 30 years of experience. ABS might help someone less capable (granny and the general public tend to fit this) but most serious racers have better real world feedback than a computer. Again, take it or leave it - it makes NO difference to me.

Last edited by KMatch; 08-22-2011 at 09:27 AM.