Hot Rod Forum banner

AC tachometer

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  AutoGear 
#1 ·
I have an AC tach. electrical that only has 1 stud for electical connection on the back marked 12v Dist. There is no other place to hook a wire and it doesn't work. I ran a wire from the dist. side of the coil to this stud and I know it was getting a signal as I touched it and got the message. Has anyone seen something like this? Thanks Larry

#3 ·
An unanswered question still. I just got the same type of AC tach. It's for a 62-66 White gas powered semi truck since it's 4k readout, 6v, 6 cyl, pos ground and single wire...also got a 12v neg ground tach that's just like it, but 12v neg- single wire too.
Any grey hairs out there who remember these oldies? Has to be somebody I'd figure. I'm only 49{semi grey}.

I'd "guess" that with my current 6v pos grounded system that this tach would ground to the frame{pos} and have the one terminal go to the neg side of the coil...right? These old pos ground 6v tachs are dang hard to find so I want to hooked up right{aside from westach's $$$}

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.