Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Adding windows where there were none .. flush fit
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:20 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Adding windows where there were none .. flush fit

So like a lot of you I have a quick build that turned into a long build. I have a 69 Chev panel truck that is all finished except for assembly.

When I started this project I had zero grand kids, now I have four =) A panel truck would not be fun for the kids even if I put seats back there considering there are no side windows.

So Ive been thinking about cutting open the sides and figuring out a way to flush mount one long side window on each side. I was thinking maybe having some channel bent to the shape I wanted the windows, and maybe using panel bonding glue to put it in (Truck is painted and Im trying to avoid as much touch up painting as possible.

Or possibly cutting out the opening and using some sort of flange tool to go around the edges to make a place to set the glass in. But I dont know if there is such a tool.

Getting rid of the panel and using a burb is out of the question. But I am open to any other ideas to add some side glass if you have them.

Thanks for any thoughts.