Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Adler 67 questions "I enter with respect"
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 01:11 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Adler 67 questions "I enter with respect"

I've been reading this forum for some time now and want to first off say thank you to all who contribute and dig cars! Thier is a ton of usable knowledge here and no dribble.
With that said I am happy to announce I made my first sewing machine purchase. I picked up an Adler 67. Not quite the inexpensive barn find I was dreaming of but it is a very clean, lightly used head with the original book and parts list in english and a few extras. I hope it will serve it's purpose.
Just brought it home tonight and when I tried it out it ran very smooth. Got it from a fella that has been repairing for 15 years and seemingly trustworthy. Got him down to 8 bills on a turn key unit.?
My only real question at this point is the presser/walking foot has only a right side to it,"I think he called it a zipper foot," either way when you let go of the material it wants to curve toward that foot. And even when guiding it it wants to take that direction.
Is this the foot?
Is it normal?
Or should I be concerned with something else?
Thanks