Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Advice on buying my first 'rod.. (newbie inside. hehe)
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 09:37 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Cool Advice on buying my first 'rod.. (newbie inside. hehe)

Okay, first post.. Let me introduce myself. The names Brandon, and I live in Bedford, Indiana. 19 years old, and working at a Drag/Circle Track Frame and Suspension shop called Checkered Racing. Not having much luck with my Ranger, as it seems to be a money pit with neon lights and strobes (over 50 at last count) I've decided to stray away from my baby(the truck) and dive headfirst into a project that I've never attempted before.. A hotrod.

The place I work at (Checkered Racing/Chassis) here in Bedford just so happens to have a 37 Plymouth 4 door that I've started to fall in love with. Its up for grabs at $600, and I've been thinking and thinking and thinking the past couple of weeks to buy it. I mean, heck, for $600, what could I lose? I already know most of the problems with it (I'll give a link to another forum, that way I dont clutter this one with a novel... oups.. too late.. lol)

Main point of the post would be... what would you guys do in this case? (oh.. uhm... read the thread I link.. that would explain the question... heh )
Link to the Thread over at RangerPowerSports describing the car and my position on it

Ah.. another question.. Whos from around me? I have a feeling I'll need a few fellow wrenchers if I do decide to buy the 37. After a lil searching, meanmachine666 seems to be in Bloomington, but thats the only one I could find.