Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Advice on buying my first 'rod.. (newbie inside. hehe)
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 08:54 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

85? Wow.. thats less then my 4 banger ranger. lol

Big mistake on my part... the car is actually a 47. Somehow I got myself confused looking at pics and placed the wrong frontend on the car. Whoops...

This is the car I'll be getting... well, not that exact one.. but the same body style. The thing that confuses me is that the link to that image says its a 46, but in the info it says 47? I'm assume the 2 years are the same body style... if not, can someone correct me?

A guy I go to class with has a 318 that hes looking to get rid of. Its all there aside from a couple of gaskets and bolts. He was going to stick it in his truck, but rolled it before he got the chance. Hes asking family members tonight if its really his or not, and if so, he'll shoot me a price next week when I see him. Never know... the car may be mine yet if I can get it running.

I'm so freaking stoked about getting this. I really need to come up with $600... and a place to work on it. The current gaurage seems to be full of wood working supplies. (table saw, lathe, drill presses, etc...) I might be able to talk my grandpa into moving them to the basement.

After a lil bit of google searching, I found that the 47 actually has a lil bit more HP. 217.8CID Flathead 6 with 95hp... Not a great increase, but I'm not exactly looking for a race car here. What the point of crusin' if ya cant be seen?

Last edited by BlueWraith; 11-18-2003 at 09:01 PM.