Advice on buying my first 'rod.. (newbie inside. hehe) - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2003, 04:49 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I got some pics now. I'll post a couple of them here, and then a link to see the rest. Its at Imagestation.com If you dont have an account there, sign up to be able to view the album. Its free, and unlimited space for your images.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288527511

Got a more in depth look at the car today. If you look at the album, you'll see a big rotted spot that I took a pic of. The radiator on the car looks great. No bent fins or anything from the check I gave it. The glass still rolls up and down on a couple of the doors, and the front wing windows still open up, although they are a bit stiff.

All I got to do is get $200 for the down payment and then the guy says just pay the rest whenever I can. Can't beat that!

I do have another question though.. there seems to be a push button on the left side of the guage cluster... What use does that serve? During the rebuild, I might replace the switch for a push button start. (Hmm... that might be what it is.. I dont know though)

Advertisement

Last edited by BlueWraith; 11-21-2003 at 09:55 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2003, 01:12 AM

Last photo:

looks like a good solid car.. body looks like its in good shape.. just redo the floors some body work.. throw that 318 in there.. (ask that guy if he has a tranny that comes with the 318) .. maybe some different rims and tires.. throw some seats fromt he junk yard.. add power steering.. and itll be on the street in no time.. ill give u a few months.. then will see what happens

Nos
Old 11-22-2003, 08:49 AM

Last photo:

It might take a lil more then a few months. The interior is pretty far out there and theres quite a bit of bodywork to be done. The driprails above the doors have lots of rot in them, and I need to make a new crossmember up front to hold the lower a-arms until I get the cash for a Mustang 2 front clip with power steering rack. We make those everyday at work, so I'm sure I can get a good deal.
Old 11-22-2003, 12:29 PM

Last photo:

it will take a while to get it decent... but not that long to get it drivable lol..

well anyway good luck..

Nos
Old 11-22-2003, 01:40 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

Nice old Mopar Dude!!

Or should I say Dodge brothers? Only time will tell, and how deep your pockets get!! I would say swap meet parts or anything used to save a buck or two. You might want to think of a fram/suspension upgrade to begin with. Since you work for the frame dude have him design one for you using new used parts. Its only time man, use it to do a little at a time till its done. Listen to me, I work on three projects at once and don't get anything finished!!!

Todd

Rat Rods Rule!

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.