Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - advice on Singer 211
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 09:12 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

advice on Singer 211

First let me introduce myself. My name is Grant and I live on the N.C. coast. I have built several cars including a chopped A, chopped 35 ford sedan delivery and have a chopped 35 ford roadster project in storage. I am in the process of putting a 60 bird convertible that was my dads back together. I have always wanted to learn to do my own interior work and have the time now to learn. I have read as much as I can on here with the search function and the singer 211 comes up as a good machine. I love the tip on the plaid material to practice on. I have found a used 211u166A at a clearance company. It is one of several machines used by a high end furniture company that has closed its doors. The clearance house says it is not a walking foot machine but all my "research" says it has presser feet. Are presser feet different then a walking foot or could the presser feet have been optional and this machine doesnt have them? I can pick the machine up for 300 dollars and this includes the table. I did check and the machine does have reverse.
Your advice and counsel is appreciated. thank you Grant