Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - advice/thoughts/suggestions 327 build
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Before I answer, I will say you have me completely confused. You don`t plan to race this engine, you don`t want it to over heat on the street. Then why do you need to have it align honed and the main caps doweled? None of this is needed for a basic street machine. then on the bottom end selection your going way overboard for nothing. Going with a longer rod won`t improve power nor will any of the mods you mention on the bottom end.
You don`t need nitrous to out run ricer kids. You can do this easily with close to a stock small block. You have to understand, yeah the ricers can rev but what they lack is TORQUE. And torque is what moves the vehicle, not horsepower. In a 1/8 or 1/4 mile race against a ricer is a smoked turkey. Most of the time the ricers find themselves shamed and won`t even challenge you to a race when they know you have V8 muscle.
You can`t have your cake and eat it too so you need to figure out just what you want this engine to do. If you plan to kill with it you need more cubic inches. If you want a nice daily driver and plenty of power to eat ricers the 327 will work fine in a very close to stock configuration with a few selected performance parts.