AED 750cfm carbs are they any good??? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2006, 01:21 AM
PO-BOYS-TOYS!!

Last journal entry: My new 55 chevy pretty sharp
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

AED 750cfm carbs are they any good???

Hey guys
Im in the market for a 750cfm double pumper carb, long story short i was on ebay looking around and seen the AED carb for $400 brand new....they say it is better then Holley and is alot cheaper. To be honest i have never heard of a AED carb before but they dont sound to bad..... Has anyone ever used this kind of carb and if so is it better then Holley??

For those out there that haven't heard of the AED carb like me here is a link for 1 on ebay,,,check it out and let me know what you think ok Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Holle...spagenameZWD1V

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2006, 05:07 AM

Last photo:

My engine builder has their literature on his counter. They are close to me in Richmind VA I beleive. I haven't seen them run but he is the type of guy that won't advertise junk in his shop.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:38 AM

Last photo:

I've used a couple AED carbs on our road racer and they work very well. I bought both of them off eBay and one was a 750HO like you're looking at.
Old 08-30-2006, 01:32 AM
PO-BOYS-TOYS!!

Last photo:

Just got the AED carb in the mail..... cant wait to see what it's gonna do... i have heard nothing but good things..... thanks
Old 08-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Technical Support Barry Grant

Last photo:

Jeff and the guys at AED do a very good job, however I believe we can offer you more for your money with a Demon carburetor. If you're looking at a carburetor without a choke tower a Mighty Demon would be a great comparison, and phenominal value. They're cast without a choke tower to increase the air-flow, feature large diameter glass sight windows, Billet Metering Blocks, and Baseplates, and replaceable Air Bleeds, and Idle Feed restrictors for fine tuning. All this for only a couple bucks more at $499.00.
http://www.barrygrant.com/demon/default.aspx?page=14
Old 07-03-2008, 09:48 AM

Jeff,
I believe there are better options on the market for sure.
I have had really good luck with Quick Fuel Products.
They have a great customer Service option and help narrow down any issues.
AED and their reps (CNC Motor Sports) like to give you the run around and tell you too bad, it is your problem now.

Barry Grant also makes a great carb......
Old 07-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

I wonder if he`s figured that out being 2 years has passed? look at the date before you post.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:17 PM

Last journal entry: December 2003
Last photo:

Evaluating carbs

Just my take on it, and I know this thread was started over 2 years ago, but I'm in the market for a different application.

I spoke with AED, QuickFuel, and many others and all but one supplier was great on the phone and spent time discussing my application and goals. It's hard to decide which one would be better, they all offer a pretty good solution.

However, about every 2 years when I'm doing something new and I call the Barry Grant line, the response seems to be total disinterest and a desire to minimize conversation to get rid of me. If you don't want to talk with me before I buy, my bet is you won't want to work with me afterwards when I look for support.

I've heard other folks locally got the same attitude from BG, what about others in this group?
Old 08-22-2008, 03:24 PM

I have had great luck with Quick Fuel..........
I took there carb out of the box, bolted it one and with very few adjustments the car ran the best it ever has.

I called Quick Fuel to discuss an option for alcohol and they were wonderful to talk with, no issues and told me all options for the alcohol conversion.

I had a an experience with BG as you did, great product, but not much on customer service....

Good luck......and have a good weekend.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:52 AM
PO-BOYS-TOYS!!

Last photo:

Hey guys,, its been i long time since i posted this thread,, butt its kinda funny,, i got that AED 750cfm dp of E-bay from CNC-motor sports there a AED dealer a long time ago,,,, THAT was the best carb i ever Had,, ran great stright out of the box, i adjusted the idel and went,,, heck i got my old yellow 55 chev in the 11s with that carb,,,,

WHAT makes it funny is i just bought another new 850 cfm AED this time for my new 55 3 weeks ago and it does great also!!!! i got a good deal on it, they sell from $489 to $599 but i got this one on e-bay again from a guy not a dealer but it was still brand new in the box for only $325 shipped ! and it runs killer !!!

AED IS A GREAT CARB
Old 08-23-2008, 05:08 AM

Last photo:

Mine is great too 1000 cfm dp I would reccomend them to anyone like you said straight out of the box

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.