Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - After Market Parts
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 09:00 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks 1971BB427 for your comments on your experiences with after markets parts. Its interesting that only a few companies in China make all the stamped parts with new dies. However as stated, if the parts are QCd correctly with the proper gauge steel then they can be acceptable. The costs are lower in China as everybody knows why. This goes back to my original question is how do they make the dies. Old school or new technology? Im just curious about the process.
I also notice that the large number of aluminum heads on the market today in all of their variations that technology has had to play a role in their manufacture. Im not commenting on the quality or non quality of any foreign made heads. Aluminum heads especially made in the USA must be using computers for 3D modeling, fluid dynamics, CAD/CAM usage for prototype development before committing to production, new production casting machinery allow these products to come to market sooner? The reasonable costs, manufacturer selections and performance output of these heads are fantastic that technology has had to have been used somewhere in the process. I am intrigued and would like to know more how technology is use today in all aspects of our hotrod industry.