Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - after market valve covers
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2003, 07:39 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

after market valve covers

Hello- I'm a new guy and fairly new to the engine world. I rebuilt a 401 nailhead for my 64 Buick Wildcat convertible and now I want to start doing a little customizing. This is a very basic question but, I joined this group in order to learn not teach so, here it is- I want to get a set of finned valve covers but I am running across a lot of covers that provide no hole for the pcv that my engine has as original. I see alot of rods out there that have pcv in them and a lot that don't have them. Does an aftermarket breather work just as well as the valve or should I stick with the valve as ususal? Do any of you buy covers and then have them machined to put a valve hole in them so you can use the pcv? The covers I was interested in are Moon finned covers but, the onley way I can make them work with the valve is to machine them and I can't see doing that after paying $200 bucks for them out of the box. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.