Hot Rod Forum banner

Aftermarket Anti-lock Brakes??????

6K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  joe_padavano 
#1 ·
Hello Folks,
I recall some aftermarket company producing an antilock brake conversion system. This had to be about 15-20 years ago when I worked in auto parts. We had a rep trying to sell these systems to our store. I don't remember the manufacturer etc.

Couriously, I never see anything like this in any of the aftermarket catalogs. Anyone familiar with any such aftermarket products being produced? Is it that it just never caught on to convert older cars? Or that the systems weren't effective.

Just wondering, as I though it would be a good upgrade for my 67 mustang.
Thanks

#2 ·
coda618 said:
Hello Folks,
I recall some aftermarket company producing an antilock brake conversion system. This had to be about 15-20 years ago when I worked in auto parts. We had a rep trying to sell these systems to our store. I don't remember the manufacturer etc.

Couriously, I never see anything like this in any of the aftermarket catalogs. Anyone familiar with any such aftermarket products being produced? Is it that it just never caught on to convert older cars? Or that the systems weren't effective.

Just wondering, as I though it would be a good upgrade for my 67 mustang.
Thanks
Three words: Product Liability Lawsuit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.