Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Aftermarket IFS vs S10 chassis?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 03:04 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Great stuff!!! Gives me lots to think about. I picked up the S10 yesterday--very straight '95 roller for $300... my stock frame is "quite used". Butchered somewhat for a V-8 swap in the '50's, too many rough off-road excursions to count, several rust-through areas that will need repair/patching, holes cut through with a cutting torch for exhaust--you get the picture. Planning on pulling the S10 body this week and taking a lot of measurements before any work procedes. If the fit is not good enough or the 'extra mods' are too onerous--I will repair the stock frame and add the MII-style front susp/brakes.
I live in west Texas... no such thing as a short drive by most standards out here. Will be driving to shows/rod runs in Dallas, Austin, Lubbock, etc. 3-400 mile round trips at 70 mph will be the norm. I have driven in several restored Willys with the orig suspension/brakes. No thanks. Even if I do end up keeping the orig frame I will be definitely going with IFS/discs.