Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Aftermarket IFS vs S10 chassis?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 10:48 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey Guys! I'm back... had a pretty bad car wreck last March. Kid pulled out in front of me when I was driving 50 mph with no warning--didn't even get my foot on the brake before BOOM! Anyway, a busted up right wrist and two subsequent surgeries, a cast for 3 months and 2 months of missed work and income (self employed with 2 kids in college) put the brakes on the Willys project. Finally got started again last month.
To update: the S-10 frame is easily adjustable, just cut out a couple welds and the frame slides to the needed length, the re-weld. Had to fabricate new body mounts to match the Willys body mount points. Cleaned, blasted and painted the frame. Replaced all bushings and had to do surprisingly little cutting on the body to get it to set down properly. It is now a complete rolling assembly. All focus recently has been on fabbing and replacing floor pans, fabbing a new trans tunnel to fit the tranny (used a section of the Old's hood and bent it to shape--worked perfect) and fitting welding in patch panels for the rear quarters that were rusted out.
Still have a TON of work to do... wiring, brake lines, instruments, A/C, interior, paint, etc, etc. But it is coming along! Hardest decision so far has been chosing a color. My wife wanted '67 Corvette Sunfire Yellow... I chose late model GM Torch Red and will paint the top above the drip rail something like Wimbledon White. Tan interior (re-upolstered Porsche Recaro buckets) should really look good. Can't wait!