Hot Rod Forum banner

Ahhhhh...Painting finally finished

1K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  crazy larry 
#1 ·
Man isn't a good feeling to get done with a phase of a project. I finalling got her all painted and put together. Got some photos in my album for those who are interested.

Chris

#9 ·
Thanks Guys!!

_______Hey now, your not done yet! You don't have a windsheild or a cowl peice
Looks good, take a few shots out in the sun when you can, can't take pictures and not show off that paint_________

I am gonna have the glass installed this week if the glass guy can get to it. I will take some outside pics and post when I sand an buff the new paint this next weekend.

________Take a few pics down the sides of the truck so we can check out the blockwork too. ________

No problem. I will do that this weekend. I am actually pretty happy with the body work. Turned out really slick.

________About how much overall power is that turbo V8 gonna make? What all mods have you done to it and so forth. Very interesting_________

With the current set up, it will make around 650 HP. I have a turbo on the way that will support 1000HP, but I will have to get a new block and heads before it goes on. Cant afford it all at once.

Mods include a competion engineering four link, frame, and 10 point cage. The rear is a 9 inch with moser guts and strange case. Transmission is TH350 built full manual. No brake yet cause I could not afford all the mechanical upgrades to handle the brake right away. I also am not sure what class I will run. Engine has 4340 bottom end, 6 inch rods, SRP pistons, Tall grouted block, ported 487X heads, and Edelbrock TPI, and last HX40W Holset turbo That covers the big stuff.

______Looks great Chris. When do you expect to make a few passes at the track? ______

Man, the eternal question......I hope to make a run by the end of this summer. I still have some money to spend including a trailer. With a little one on the way, my wife has put some restraints on my spending (good thing, cause I would eat ramen noodles to buy car parts, but she doesnt go for that). So I guess it depends on whether I can afford to get it together by the end of summer. But, I am pretty dead set on doing it......

Chris

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: TurboS10 ]</p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.