Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Air bag system leaking/bleeding out
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 07:07 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

OMT is right. You shouldn't be losing air that quickly, if at all.

On a positive note, if you have "zone controls" (separate controls for front and back and/or side to side) and your total system is going down equally, that might can really narrow down where your leak is occurring...probably between the tank and the control unit. If the system is going down unequally, then it sounds like multiple leaks. If only one zone is going down, then you can confine your search to that zone...usually at or after the control unit.

Air bag leaks can be a real bugger to track down because the line and joints are often tucked away and it is difficult to spray and see all sides. Go slow and use good lighting. Start with the joints (the most likely culprit) and if no sign of leaks there, then move on to spraying down every inch of hose looking for a pin hole.

I've got a leak right now in the rear bags of my '32. Drops about an inch in 7-10 days. Haven't been able to find it for the life of me. So I feel a bit of your pain.