Air Bagging S-10 Blazer ?'s - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Air Bagging S-10 Blazer ?'s

I hope this is in the right category. I have a 42,000 original mile 1st generation S-10 Blazer (2wd) I just ordered a GM 350/290hp crate engine and have a 700R4 and all of the conversion parts. It will be my 3rd S-10 V8 conversion. I was debating on installing air bags...any thoughts or opinions on them..or what kind of work is involved? Do they ride nice? I have 18" Boss 338's just dying to go on... I bought a clean 69 Impala about 20 years ago with hydros, and quickly tore all that crap out It was a true SS 427 car however the motor was replaced with a 283, luckily I got the 427 with it. Anyhow, I want this Blazer to ride nice and be able to drop it down. It is going to be my daily driver when finished.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2012, 04:29 AM

Last journal entry: before and after
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey there I bagged my 66 chevy lwb pickup and it turned out awesome..... for about a week! I had been collecting pieces here and there for years and finally took the plunge it wasn't too much work on that truck being that all I really had to do was c notch the frame and replace the springs with bags all went well and turned out awesome! But once the initial excitement wore off and I had to get in it at 5 in the morning to drive the 25 miles to work it got old real fast maybe It was just my set up but seemed like I could never get it to ride just right it was eather too stiff and felt like you were driving a match box car or it was too soft and felt like you were sailing more than driving. Now I do know that air ride makes a kit for your s10 blazer that's almost a bolt on so to speak. If I were to do it over I would have just done lowering springs plus if your gonna build any kind of a power house from my experience bags do not fair well. Over all I think bags on a daily driver is more hassle than reward just my experience tho have fun keep postin no matter what you decide to do best wishes
Old 06-02-2012, 05:33 AM

Last wiki edit: AMC V-8s Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 14

Do a Google search for air bag S-10. There are several full bolt-on kits.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.