Air bags - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Lo Blo

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Air bags

Im building a 50 chevy which has a mustang 2 conversion and i am going to bag it i have the bags and a guy out here in phoenix arizona can get me the tubular a arms for bags for a mustang 2 for 300 for a set of four i am wondering if this is a good deal and if anyone else has done this and has pictures or if anyone is out here in arizona with the parts to do so. Also wanted to see if someone could visit my project journal and comment or reply so i can see where you get those as i am new to this thanks everyone

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2006, 05:32 PM

Tubular A arms arnt cheap, so it sounds ok to me. It will also look a lot better and eliminate the strut rods.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lo Blo
Im building a 50 chevy which has a mustang 2 conversion and i am going to bag it i have the bags and a guy out here in phoenix arizona can get me the tubular a arms for bags for a mustang 2 for 300 for a set of four i am wondering if this is a good deal and if anyone else has done this and has pictures or if anyone is out here in arizona with the parts to do so. Also wanted to see if someone could visit my project journal and comment or reply so i can see where you get those as i am new to this thanks everyone
4 tubular arms for $300 is a good price. I would check on the manufacture. In the air suspension biz, there are some companies making some pretty low quality parts.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAS
4 tubular arms for $300 is a good price. I would check on the manufacture. In the air suspension biz, there are some companies making some pretty low quality parts.
LOL Thats because people just want cheap, how do you think AIM has made a career for themselfs. It sucks for the people like us trying to push quality, but people usually learn the hard way.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity
LOL Thats because people just want cheap, how do you think AIM has made a career for themselfs. It sucks for the people like us trying to push quality, but people usually learn the hard way.
Yeah, but people don't learn. Aim has had the worst rep in the business since the 80's, and are still open. The guy that started this thread is in arizona, and not far from AIM, so he really needs to watch it when it comes to someone local getting him deals.
When I typed that, I was thinking of that other guy in texas building arms. I saw a post of his saying he was going to get into hot rod and street rod parts. I can't wait

Larry
Old 02-07-2006, 03:16 PM

Texas that funny. I love that! Cant wait to read all that.

Sorry to jack your thread. Moral of the Story is price isnt everything
Service is where its at!

Last edited by Deuce; 02-08-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAS
Yeah, but people don't learn. Aim has had the worst rep in the business since the 80's, and are still open. The guy that started this thread is in arizona, and not far from AIM, so he really needs to watch it when it comes to someone local getting him deals.
When I typed that, I was thinking of that other guy in texas building arms. I saw a post of his saying he was going to get into hot rod and street rod parts. I can't wait

Larry
Are you talking about BYC? He is having enough trouble trying to stay ahead of the orders as it is...Thats good for him I suppose. A waiting list for your products is always good to have.
Later,
WEIMER
Old 02-08-2006, 07:49 AM

Everytime I see that I cringe.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

OK fellows.........

We all know good stuff ain't cheap and cheap stuff ain't good.......

Buyer beware........no bashing....especially from other suspension manufacturers.....

DEUCE........
Old 02-08-2006, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weimer
Are you talking about BYC? He is having enough trouble trying to stay ahead of the orders as it is...Thats good for him I suppose. A waiting list for your products is always good to have.
Later,
WEIMER
He isn't backed up from getting to many orders, he is backed up because he isn't shipping them.

Hey Duece, if you want to do your censorship BS thouroughly, you should also delete the company name weimer's post to. I was at least decent enough not to name them in my posts.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Lo Blo

Last photo:

a little help please

Hey guys well im new to all this and was just trying to get my project underway so i see alot of you mentioned aim who is this where are they do they have a website and why so horrible? Also some of you mention how people like them screw you quality guys well do you quality guys have a shop and can ship does anyone know of any websites for mustang 2 tubular air bag a-arms, does anyone have pictures of it done thanks again for the replys but could we keep it more to the original post
Old 02-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAS

Hey Duece, if you want to do your censorship BS thouroughly, you should also delete the company name weimer's post to. I was at least decent enough not to name them in my posts.
Weimer does NOT have a comparable business in competition.....and the name is DEUCE.........not Duece......

You said you were leaving this site.......
Old 02-09-2006, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Hey guys well im new to all this and was just trying to get my project underway so i see alot of you mentioned aim who is this where are they do they have a website and why so horrible? Also some of you mention how people like them screw you quality guys well do you quality guys have a shop and can ship does anyone know of any websites for mustang 2 tubular air bag a-arms, does anyone have pictures of it done thanks again for the replys but could we keep it more to the original post
My name is Kevin.

running air with mustang II is not a problems tubulars or nor tubulars.
The best products for your application are from a company called www.ridetech.com you will find lots of good info there.

Last edited by Deuce; 02-09-2006 at 06:04 AM.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
Weimer does NOT have a comparable business in competition.....and the name is DEUCE.........not Duece......

You said you were leaving this site.......
Yeah but me and simplicity do have a businesses competeing with aim. Why did you leave those posts ? If you want to give excuses, give some that make sense.
I didn't say I was leaving, here is the quote "Censorship is bull****, and if you are this petty, I will gladly move on." And that post was made before I had read your reply back telling me to go. I would think by the time someone reaches your age, that being given so little authority as a internet forum monitor, you wouldn't let that authority go to your head. Way to go, buddy, your in charge and just showed it.
LMFAO....
The only reason I am here now, is to turn off the email notification of replies. I am now done, feel free to close my account.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:08 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Lo Blo, this is the link to AIM:

http://www.truckn-store.com/product_list.asp?id=2250

Over the years people have chosen to bash them for various reasons. Some justified but some to my mind simply because they thought it was the "thing" to do. The thread at s10forums comes to mind in that regards where people jumped on the bandwagon without having any personal reason to do so. Personally I have had no problems with anything I purchased from them, but I do have to admit I would be hesitant about purchasing the tubular arms or any kind of valves or bags from them. Items I have acquired through them were shaved door handle kits (they shipped autoloc's), roll pans, and other miscellaneous non structural items.

The issue simply is buyer beware and remember: Believe only half of what you see and nothing you hear.

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.