Hot Rod Forum banner

Air compressor with current hydro test

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  jaguarxk120 
#1 ·
Hello, I have at least 8 industrial air compressors. I talked to a company that hydro tests tanks. The cost I felt was reasonable for a re certification to include paperwork. My question is would you buy a used air compressor knowing the test was done or not "trust" the tank and look for something else? I not trying to sell anyone a compressor. An attached data tag that is readable is required before they will test and no damage to the outside of tank. Just looking for some feed back. Two will be used at my shop. Thanks Shawn

#4 ·
If you present a current hydo test certification to a buyer, that alone is a plus factor in making a purchase.

I think the testing co., along with the paperwork given to you, will have the tank name plate or tag stamped as to the date and pressures tested.

Well worth it in the long run.

#6 ·
Not a bad cost for the two tanks. 200 gallon is a good size tank. The work involved disconnecting and sealing all openings then hooking up a pressure pump, and the inspection all takes time and people that know what they are doing.

If and when you want to part with them the hydro tests will help to sell them, showing that the tanks are in good shape. And the fact you took the time to take care of them properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.