Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - air compressor oils
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 08:19 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I use the amsoil PCK compressor oil in mine & like it a lot. I also live in Michigan & last winter when I needed to change the struts on my wife's car it was like 5* F & my shop is unheated except for when I am out there, the compressor worked just like it was 70* couldn't tell any difference. The pour point on the non synthetic oil that came in the compressor was 45* F which means it would have been like tar at these temps where the synthetic would have to be below -60* F to get like that & if it ever gets that cold here using the compressor will be the least of my worries. Don't worry about the price per quart of a good synthetic, you will only need 2 qts max for any normal size unit, my 5 hp single stage Eaton uses about 40 oz & that is a big pump. When I priced things out the amsoil was cheaper per qt than the Mobil Rarus 427 non synthetic that came in it. I also use it for lubing the air tools so it gets double duty