Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - air compressor&sandblaster question
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:12 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruizin uncle bob View Post
As for Harbor freight be careful

HF sandblasters are "iffy" at best and the guns/nozzles are junk that are not worth packing off if they were giving them away! Not only are the nozzles waaaaay too big for anything less than an industrial sized compressor they wear out completely in only a minute or so. Up until recently however HF had about the best buy on a home type compressor that could be found anywhere, I am talking about the U.S. General line that were actually just re-badged American made Belaire brand compressors at only 2/3 the cost of the same outfit with the Belaire name on it. Unfortunately these have disappeared recently to be replaced by a "look alike", it's still painted black but it appears to be a Belaire clone and has been re-branded with the Chicago Pneumatic brand name (or whatever silly name it is). I could be wrong and I hope these are still the Belaire units but I don't think they are, they appear to be copies.