Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Air compressor shop lines
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 04:18 PM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by K72Nova View Post
I know this has been covered up and down before but I have a question that I cant find the answer to. I have a Quincy Compressor Air Compressor 5 HP, 230 Volt Single Phase, Model# 2V41C60VC | 19 CFM and I want to run about 50 of copper air lines throughout my shop. My question is should I run lines or ? I had a graph showing what size for what length run, cfm, psi, etc but I cant find it.

Anyway the reason Im wondering if I should run instead of is that the outlet on my compressor is only , will this restrict me enough to make it pointless to run for the rest of the system? I plan on running a media blast cabinet, DA, sander, paint gun, etc. I have 50 of copper laying around right now but I would have no problem buying if it will make the difference.
Buy the 3/4" - but get iron pipe, not copper. Not only is there a cost difference, but the iron pipe will cool the compressed air and condense out any moisture.
The Following User Says Thank You to joe_padavano For This Useful Post:
Trucknut (10-23-2012)