Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (
-   Body - Exterior (
-   -   air compressors (

burninrubbah617 01-15-2006 04:53 PM

air compressors
If Im going to rent or buy an air compressor what kind of psi do I need for a one time primer job only? Any particular models. keep price in mind of course.

let me know, thanks -matt

kenseth17 01-15-2006 05:28 PM

Depends on the gun you are using. Psi isn't what you really need to look at. An aircompressor will put out the psi needed to power a spray gun, but it needs to be able to maintain it, and store some reserve air. So you need to look at the cfm ratings on your gun and you need a compressor that is rated to put out that much. And the bigger the tank, the more reserve air it will hold. Conventional guns have lower air requirements then hvlp. You don't need a fancy gun for primer. But you should get one with the right tip size for the primer you plan on spraying.

adtkart 01-15-2006 06:34 PM

Check the garage forum. This subject has been covered many times.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.