Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - air couplers / fittings - whats it all mean?
View Single Post
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 10-11-2011, 11:07 AM
66GMC's Avatar
66GMC 66GMC is offline
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Olds, Alberta Canada
Age: 59
Posts: 2,764
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 33
Thanked 94 Times in 89 Posts
Air couplers and plugs can be very confusing, mostly because of the fact that many different mfr's come up with their own methods of identifying them.

With Milton (to the best of my understanding):
A = Aero
M = Milton (Everyone else refers to these as "Industrial"
T = Truflate
L = Lincoln

I see that Shraeder-Bridgeport has recently come up with a fairly good cross-reference between many of the "common" brands, including NAPA (which is really Shraeder-Bridgeport) Links to both the product catalog itself and the cross-reference charts can be found at the above hyperlink.

BTW, MOST of this product line is now under line-code NTH in Canada as well.

I also believe the terms "quick-coupler", "automatic coupler", and "push-connect coupler" to be the same thing.


Milton makes a "3-in-one" "A-M-T" coupler (#745 / 746) that accepts most common types, including the long "Lincoln" style ... so it's really a "4-in-one"

Last edited by 66GMC; 10-11-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Reply With Quote