Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Air/Fuel Problem??? I Think
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 03:40 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Air/fuel Problem??? I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevroletSS View Post
I have thought it was the egr and and my dad keeps tellin me Ive changed evrything but the cap and rotor. I think I have come to the conclusion that I am buying a cap and rotor because they are cheap and mine is pretty old, and I will get a egr valve regardless if mine is bad or not cause I know it has to have some carbon build up in it so I want a fresh clean one cause that is old as well. I will do that and go from there and see where I am at. Hopefully that fixes it.

Thanks guys
Like your dad said replace the cap and rotor. Also use an ohm meter and check your plug wires too. Place a lead on each end of the wire. Your reading should be zero.
Don't forget the manifold could be plugged with carbon. You will not be able to see it you have to do the test under the troubleshooting in the article. Follow the directions for troubleshooting it could be the EGR Valve or the solenoid. You can check with AutoZone or Advance Auto to rent the tools you need. You get your money back when you return them.