Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Air Gap or performer rpm?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 02:52 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by VARS_85MONTE View Post
Building a new engine for my monte. But im down to the intake and cant decide on whether to buy an rpm performer or rpm air gap...

Here's the set-up...

350 bored. 40
completely balanced rotating assembly (9.7 compression )
906 vortecs... Completely reworked
750 holley vac secondary
lunati voodoo 268 (227/233 @50)
1.6 roller tip rockers
msd distributor
dacco 2200-2500 converter
turbo 350 trans
3.08 rear (soon to be 3.42)

looking for the best intake for my set up. Hoping for around 375 to 400 horses... But more concerned wit best intake. Any experience as to which performs better would be greatly appreciated...
Performer RPM with no air gap. If this is a daily driver and air gap in winter is a PIA and the excess fuel you have to choke in to get it to run just kills the pistons, rings and bore by washing out the already thin lubrication at the top of the cylinder. Unless this is a race mahine that only comes out on summer Saturdays and Sundays the air gap just isn't the way to go. Or can buy the air gap then move to southern Arizona, Nevada, or California where it's sunny and hot most of the time.

I can assure you that the regular Performer RPM with everything else you've done will on an engine dyno deliver from 380 to 410 horses.

Bogie