Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - air pressur for orange peel
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 07:17 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

air pressur for orange peel

well. I am painting my work truck to learn before I paint my replica McBurnie Daytona Spyder ( I call it a Cortona). So, I changed the truck's color from white to black (changing the Cortona red to black), learned a lot and after many redos I fill I have the knowledge to takel the Cortona. However, I have a lot of orange peel. I have sanded the door of the truck w. 1200 grit and then used compounds and buffed it to a great deep shine. If I sand the hole truck it will look great. But, I am not going to do that much work for the old work truck.

I have read many threads on orange peel and that increasing the air pressure will help. I am painting w/ an Astro Quantum 1.4 for the clear. Using 30 PSI with the trigger pulled while adjusting the PSI. I know you can not tell me exact numbers but should I start out at another ten or 5 PSIs. A rough number to start out w/ when adjusting will help. I have re-sanded my hood for this rehearsal and will BC Cc it again. I fell this is my final rehearsal before moving on to the Cortona. If the car comes out like the truck is I can sand and buff it to a perfect shine. But I would like to have as little O P as I can. Thanks in advance. You can email me also at

henry.bartlett@us.army.mil

additionally I paint the BC w/ a separate gun 1.3 and the 2K primer w/ a separate gun 1.9

And, can I use etching primer on the fiberglass repairs before hitting them w/ 2 K primer/

I am painting w/ PPG shop line BC/CC