Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - which air ratchet to get?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 05:42 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

air rachets

Air Cat makes QUIET ones. I only have thier impacts but they are very nice, My first choice for 1/4 air rachets is the two speed Ingersoll 10 and 18 ft lb settings. The bad boy of air rachets is the top of the line Snap on. It is reactionless, puts out gobs bolt breaking torque, rebuildable and is expensive. The Ingersoll copy 109XPA of it would be a good choice to buy. Try Northern tools the have decent prices. They sell the 1200 for about a 3rd of the Snap On rachet. I see in another post they offer a duty version. I got the Ingersoll 1/4 rachet and the Air Cats at a great price from Northern Tools. If you are going to use them infrequently the cheap stuff at Harbor frieght works ok but once you try a good air rachet you won't want to use them. I bought thier $4.50 on sale air chisel w/chisel set instead of spending $12.00 for gas and the time to drive 40 miles round trip back to the shop. So far it and even the chisels have held up to loosening bolts and trimming sheet metal. The tool trucks usually have like new repos where cash talks.