Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Air regulator capacity/location?
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 11:06 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Air regulator capacity/location?

I'm getting ready to put in copper air lines, and already had a Jet regulator/filter that I was going to put at the end, but realized it says the max incoming capacity is 160 psi. My compressor goes up to 175 psi, so I thought about putting another regulator (no filter) at the compressor. But for a few more dollars, I could just get a better regulator/filter like the Sharpe 880A some of you have mentioned here. Haven't found a max pressure for it though, when I called Sharpe, I got a guy who sounded like he probably does electronic warranties too. First he said the max it could handle was 165 psi, then when I said I needed at least 175, he said it was 175(???). I'm talking about incoming pressure, not the max gauge or output pressure.

So does anybody know what the Sharpe's max is? I don't get why you'd have a regulator that needs another regulator (like the one I have seems to be), lot of 2 stage compressors out there. Or is there a another setup, or regulator/filter you'd recommend?