Hot Rod Forum banner

Air suspension compressor/tank question.

877 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  cboy 
#1 ·
I have a 9 gallon tank and a DC2000 compressor from Air Ride Pro. I am only running 1/4" line, and pneumatic valves. I also have a pressure switch on at 110 psi-off at 145psi. And the compressor has a relay on it.

Last night the compressor started filling the tank and after 3 minutes it was so hot you couldn't put your hand on it. 36 minutes later and the compressor was still running. As it stands, this compressor alone isn't going to fill the tank.

So will adding another compressor to the 9 gallon tank solve my problem or do I need a bigger compressor. I'm sure either will work, but wanted to get some input.

-Brian

#3 ·
Sounds to me like there is either a leak in the system or the pressure switch is not functioning correctly. The tank should fill and the compressor shut off within just a minute or two. I would test all the lines and connections with a soapy spray. If you can not see in leaks, I would look at replacing the pressure switch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.