airbrush cost - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2003, 12:40 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

airbrush cost

Hello, I am new to this site, just browsed upon it and thought I would join up. I currently belong to a few other car forums. I am from British Columbia, Canada. I was just wondering prices of airbrushing in the United States. Just recently I have learned to airbrush and get into doing flames and other art work for cars and want to go into business but I want to learn prices first. How much do shops charge for flames on cars and bikes (such as Harley's)? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2003, 01:33 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

It all depends on your talent. If not good enough you might actually have to end up paying the person you did the work for. As in court fines. Post some pics and lets see some of your work. BTW welcome aboard. And remember, Have Fun, and don't feed the Trolls.

Kevin
Old 12-15-2003, 07:23 AM

Last journal entry: Harley/Fire
Last photo:

As Kev said it depends on the talent!! And with my limited skills I am able to get around $300 - $500 for flaming a tank, around $600 and up if I repaint and flame the tank. On cars it depends but if I have to flame and NOT paint the car I usually start at $600- $800-$1000 and go up. It depends on how much and how detailed. Ghosting is much more, of course! I could get double this and more in a bigger city but the small-town-Midwestern-mentality means they don't want to pay too much!! Post some pics of your work and good luck!! The biggest challenge in doing work for others is you sometimes have to convince them what they want is not as good as what you can do... if you get my drift!!
Old 12-15-2003, 07:39 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Don't listen to anything Dragon J said. I have seen his work and it is world class!!
Old 12-15-2003, 01:14 PM

Last photo:

LOL willys! I'm glad SOMEBODY thinks so...!!! Another thought flamebabe- some of the quickest stuff I've done (for the quickest profit) has been cartoon graphics- cheesy I know, but that's what some people like- example: a guy wanted Garfield slipping on a banana peel on his tailgate, another lady wanted the Coors silver bullet logo on her silver Fiero, Mickey and Minnie Mouse are always a popular item... simple airbrushing even with stencils makes a quick project to get started. Then the work will show people you can do even more (better) work of higher intricacy...
Old 12-15-2003, 02:16 PM

Hey thanks for the replies, well so far I do not have pictures of the Harley tanks we just completed, will have them next week probably. Why would ghost flames be more expensive? When less labour and paint/colors are being done? And it is easier than doing solid flames... lol Well I have just started it, the gas tank/fender were our fifth try and they turned out quite awesome. We also did a Mustang hood just for the practice and it turned out nice. I will try to get you some guys some pics. This is all I have so far to show...it is all mainly done on canvas and t-shirts
http://www.angelfire.com/hi5/airbrushing/index.html

Out of curiosity does anybody know of any webpages that are good to order the Master stencils (I believe they are the ones with the skulls, etc) and pinstriping brushes?

Thanks so much for the help! Will try to post pics later on in the week if not next week!! Thanks I must say this forum is great, I am glad I browsed upon it.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:42 PM

Last photo:

check out Arttool World at www.arttalk.com/artool/index.htm for the skull stencils- I charge more for ghostflames because when it is done right it takes finesse- more effort=more cost! Also to do them correctly they need to be sprayed before clear, so it usually involves painting the entire vehicle. IMHO! Regular flames you can apply over a finished job. Happy spraying!

Last edited by Dragon J; 12-15-2003 at 02:48 PM.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.