Alcohol - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2003, 08:43 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Alcohol

What do you guys think about the legal drinking age being lowered to 18.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2003, 08:45 AM
Rebuilt Excitment

Last photo:

I drank when I was 15 or 16, but I was much to immature to handle it, it should stay at 21.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:49 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

Forget about Alcahol, too many people die because of that "Drug" all it does is give you a chance to show exactly how stupid a human being can be.

They need to legalize the Ganga & make alcahol illegal, but that's just IMHO.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last journal entry: The Blower and test fit.
Last photo:

Legalizing the "ganja" would be great in my book too. But staying on the topic, the younger generation is already growing up too fast as it is, lowering the drinking age will just make it worse. I first drank at the age of 15, which is 6 years too young. That means if the legal age is 18, kids will start drinking at 12. It's already bad enough that the 13 year old girls look 20 with all the make-up and skimpy clothes they wear we don't need them to be drunk too...
Old 07-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

In Europe even 5 year olds can be given alchohol and procuring it at any age is nothing. Do they have the same problems we do? No, because exposure at an early age supervised by adults leads to a healthy view and use of the drug. Only in North America do we feel the need to make things like this illegal for minors. Remove the restriction and in one generation the youth abuse problems will disappear, time for some common sense change.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:44 AM
i think its broke...

Last photo:

no no no no NO lowering the drinking age, or even thinking about it. I've lost so many good friends over the years because of it. i lost 2 this year because they got themselves in trouble from it. u arent gonna get support here buddy
Old 07-11-2003, 01:14 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

remove the restriction and the restricted item begins to lose attraction........ you know, you want what you can't have, but when you finally get it, its not that big of a deal anymore......

get your kids drunk at the age of 7 or 8. i mean puking up your toenails drunk..... and see if its ever a problem.........i wonder if you should do the same with smack? J/K ....
Old 07-11-2003, 02:01 PM
Just a firefighter

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod
Last journal entry: New rear rollpan installed
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Do I think the age should be lowered "NO". Not because it would be wrong, because the kids and adults of this country at this time couldn't handle the responsibility of it. When I was in the military in Germany I noticed that they did not have the alcohol problems that we have. The drunk driving rate was lower, the teen drinking problem was a lot lower. Remember this country was founded by purists that “protected” the people from the evils of drink, sex and sin. Yes the people broke from it in a short period of time, but the underlying belief (sp) is still there. That’s why you have such restrictions on drinking, prostitution, adult book stores/clubs and so on. Look at Europe, I’ve already talked about the drinking, but the STD and aids rates spread thru prostitution are also lower because they have to have a license and periodic health checks. This country has been “protected” from themselves for to long and to change it now would be a disaster.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:19 PM

Last photo:

Here in England the legal limit is 18. Although there seems to be a problem with "binge drinking" amongst the youngsters the most worrying problem we have is drug abuse. Kids as young as 10 are not only using the stuff but are dealing as well. I agree with Bluepen, I have 2 youngsters (12 and 15) and to be honest they aren't the slightest bit interested in booze as they have been allowed to see it as just another part of life. I'm more worried about them getting involved in drugs. As a parent that scares me s***less.

Hellz
Old 07-11-2003, 04:40 PM
banned

Europe does have the same problems, just not to the same degree we do here.

That is because of the way they are raised there, they are actually responsible.

In order to get drinking safe in the US is to change your way of life. It's that simple.

As for the drinking age being 18, I can tell you this much. It's irrellevent.

If you want booze you will get it. It's that simple

Much like with pot, it's illegal but it doesn't stop the millions of american's from smoking it.

In my opinion, all drugs should be sold through government run stores (who in turn use the profits for the programs I shall explain) Once they do that they must also be educating the people on the facts of drug use (not the BS ones they have now that are manipulated to scare people away, BUT ACTUAL FACTS) They should start teaching children at a young age. ANY driving while impared by ANY AMOUNT OF ANY DRUG should be PROHIBITED!

I mean lets face it, the biggest problems with drugs and alcohol isn't that they make people have problems in their lives on their own (they are usually abused as a solution to peoples problems which in turn causes them to get into more problems, because it clouds their thought at times they need to be sober to deal with thier impuleses and depression) Instead the biggest problem with drugs is that people go and drive or gangs sell these drugs to make money. If it was all government run the gangs would be outta it, and well driving would still be a problem. That is where the early education comes in.

Of course this is just my opinion of it.

The biggest problem with substances is the lack of education and responsiblity. Educate the people and if they destroy themselves FINE, if they destroy others. NAIL EM TO THE CROSS!
Old 07-11-2003, 04:47 PM
banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Hellzapoppin
I'm more worried about them getting involved in drugs. As a parent that scares me s***less.

Hellz
Hey man your best bet is to educate your kids. Hammer into them the mythes and facts about drugs. If you are giving them true facts and are open with them, they may experiment with weed, maybe mushrooms, (although they may not when they already know what the high is, because honestly some drugs really don't have an appealing high ESPECIALLY ON PAPER and the only reason people do them is because they don't know, after that they just wanna do it again because of the addiction factor), and do it responsibly (safe place, no driving, know how to check that what they are getting) but they most likely won't go farther. If they do go farther, take them to a drug rehab center and see if you can get a tour of the place.

Oh yeah and GET THEM INTO HOTRODDING. Hotrodding is about the only reason I don't drink and do other substances no more. I GOTTA save my money for my car and I'm not bein no freeloader.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:19 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

:skeptic:
Old 07-11-2003, 11:12 PM
i think its broke...

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by stonedchihuahua

Oh yeah and GET THEM INTO HOTRODDING. Hotrodding is about the only reason I don't drink and do other substances no more. I GOTTA save my money for my car and I'm not bein no freeloader. [/B]
hey, i say the same thing to all my friends!!
Old 07-12-2003, 12:08 AM
banned

Quote:
Originally posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
:skeptic:
Well chuck, funny thing is with all the effort the cops put into prohibition of substances, they could be letting it go and going after those who make it (if they want to do it that way) or they could go after murderes and rapists. While not all drugs are good for you, it's your choice what you put into your body.

After all didn't the bible say, "God Created all the Plants and the Animals for mans use."??? (for those who believe)

Doing drugs responsivly there is only about a 1% chance you are going to do something to someone else, if you destroy yourself, then so be it. (thats one way to get rid of the addicts)
Old 07-12-2003, 12:27 AM
Anything with a throttle

Last photo:

I sniffed glue in high school once in the utilities closet and now drink alcohol from time to time in social settings. I know enough about drugs to talk in detail just from watching others. I spent my 21 birthday with my friends stone sober throwing household items at the ceiling fan, not out at the bar doin' 21 shots. I think it breaks down to parenting!!!! At 17 I came home from a neighbors house so drunk my friend had to drive my car. My parents met me at the door and exclaimed how they just saw a comedian on TV that made jokes about when his son came home drunk. No punishment....no ***** beating...no grounding...They just let me know that Mom and Dad aren't as dumb as I thought. Lesson learned....I grew up a million years in one night just thinking about the tact my parents used in that situation!!!!
Don't blame people's problems on age, laws or location!!!!

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.