Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - All this work and can't even spin the tires???
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 12:05 PM
Veteran/Firefighter-EMT-I CRT

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by john-dickjr
its a chevy , so did you really think it was going to make any power at all, i loved to kill vettes with my little 347 motor, but serious, is the motor a 350 i guess, and a smog motor at that, with a stock rebuild, it make like 180 hp, so no, its not going to spin the tires, unless you clutch dump it

just since you're the first one on here to say something i will have to meniton that i love to kill Pony's and their little 347's with my 385cid street car running 11's.

but anyway since that is out of the way. i agree with some on here that your compression doesn't sound right with the 882 heads. i have a saying about having machine work done on crappy heads for performance vehicles "you can polish a turd all you want but in the end you still have a turd" you need to find a different set of heads, look into EQ, RHS, or DART for a set of 180cc iron heads, the cam doesn't sound great but if you were to bump up the compression ratio to about 10:1 you would be able to offset the late intake closure from the cam, and i might look into a set of 1.6 rockers to help with the ramp rate as well. i dont think your carb is too far off but i would think a 650 would do you a little better once you put diffenent heads on there and increased the compression, i dont think a 700-750 is needed at all. and like others menitoned i would look at craiglist for a used performer RPM intake.