08-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by dry
Ok, Thanks everyone for the input and opinions let me start by trying to answer some of the response questions.
(1) Yes it is a close ratio 4 speed winds out in 1st gear about 55 mph with a 3:72 posi.
(2) It is a Zero decked blocked but is not using short decked pistons it is using the actual factory .60 over forged replacement pistons.
(3) The 290H Cam was picked due to its nasty sounding old school street profile along with the fact Cranes profile and tech's assured me i could get some low end grunt with it.
(4) The car pulls real strong from 3k rpm on to about 5500.
(5) the intake is the performer rpm sorry i left that part out.
(6) Timing static is 18 degree BTDC +4 cam advance and the mechanical advance is factory +20.
(7) Advance is active at 850 rpm from off idle ,All in at 3200 rpm for a total of 42 degrees BTDC.
(8) There are no headers just factory logs into a 2.25" magnaflow system true dual from logs out.
(9) This a Non A/C Car so no accessories other than water pump and alternator.
****Anytime you turn the car off you smell gas--NO LEAKS or DRIPS--And you always have to depress gas pedal one time prior to starting cold or hot***
PS---Anybody has a good set of small block heads etc that WILL help my cause i have a bunch of Mk IV BBC I MIGHT be interested in trading some of it--stuff like Ross forged 51cc .60 over Pistons, Trw hyperkin .60 over, Edelbrock 7075 polished with bird catcher top, BBC Dimple rods,1971 factory replacement rectangular port heads bare castings plus manley ss valves and crower springs-plus other stuff was going to build for this car BUT think going to stay SBC....
As cobalt327 predicted that close ratio 4 speed is why it is hard to break traction .