Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - All this work and can't even spin the tires???
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 02:37 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

[QUOTE=turbolover]Sounds like you pissed a lot of money away on crap. Which is why it is important to be an educated consumer (I hope other can read this example and take it as a lesson learned).

As already stated, your pistons are most likely in the hole .040" or more, you're probably running a .045" gasket, you have some of the worst heads ever produced by chevy, and one of the laziest cams still sold (with WAY too much seat duration). If you tried to sell that engine you could probably only get about $250 for it as there is literally nothing of value in it.
QUOTE]

I am asking for opinions on helpful suggestions, but i think you missed something somewhere !! My short block is fresh from the machine shop and was a sub 60k mile engine when taken apart. I can't imagine a factory GM L82 4 bolt main long block with gm steel crank, pink rods, forged pistons etc would bring $250.00 bucks......Jeezzz

So flame on still needing pump gas street tune knowledge