Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Alternate Turn Signal - - outside the box
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:05 AM
the Clever Turn Signal

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Perhaps, but I enjoy this nd it solves several problems. For instance:

It does automate them in a nice way. The encoder is at the end of the column not near the front so you can do what ever you like with the column trim without the dealings of mechanical stuff.

Frankly turn signals which shut off are nice.

Turn signals which automatically go off after 5 min if you left them on.

The encoder works better then a cam. With a cam you often are sitting on a spot where you have to turn the wheel more to get the mechanism to trigger; not with an encoder.

With the circuit controlling the turn signal, it also controls the flashers. This means you can do things like have turn signals and flashers. For instance in a left turn I am thinking of a sequence such as "Flash Flash" "Turn" "Turn" "Flash" Flash".

I can also mix lights with marker lights. With a lights on signal, I can turn on a marker and flash the same marker.

I can also do a marker where it is half bright as a marker and 2x as bright for flashing.

Once the circuit is designed, it really is not that complex. Put on encoder, plug in a few items and your done.

We are not in hot ridding to pull parts off the shelf at auto zone and do it the same everyone has done it before. New ideas are the very essence of what we do.
The Following User Says Thank You to gow589 For This Useful Post:
Joe G (02-14-2013)