Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - alternative to Lizard Skin
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 10:51 AM
gearheadslife

Last journal entry: The TwoTonShu #10
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartbeat
After I finished all my metal work on the floor; replacing metal, welding etc (or so I thought); I coated all metal inside and out with an epoxy primer. Then applied the sphers and latex to the inside of the cab with brushes, rollers, using whatever I had. I use exterior latex paint as the binder. It works for years on my exterior house and trim it ought to work on the inside of my cab where I am expecting little or no water. I had some left over Ford blue impliment enamel which I painted over part of my work. It does seal the latex but I'm not sure it's necessary. Right now it's just an experiment.
No doubt other binders will work as well perhaps better. I started with the latex and stayed with it. I am pleased with the thickness of my application as I believe that provides effeciency. It withstands heat. I scorched it with my plasma cutter only right where I was cutting, even the epoxy primer disappeared with that treatment.
It's a hobby, have fun!
Heartbeat
I few things, exterior latex , has to breath.. or it will lift off the wood on a house.. think about that..