Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - alternative to Lizard Skin
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 08:38 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5StudeGuy View Post
Thanks to the both of you for the reply.
I am probably going to put it all over the interior of my truck. (including roof)
I also considered putting it under the cab.. (wondered if it might keep out heat from tranny, and exhaust)

These Atlanta summers get hot, and I plan on making some long trips. The cooler the better.

How many square feet did you guys say a gallon would cover... did you put on more than one coat. I had planned on rolling it on.

This is something I can do in between my other projects, so I think I'll see about getting some of this stuff ASAP.
My plan is to put this on, and then the fake dynamat over that. Should make a big difference
I am making a 46 Studebaker pickup and extended the cab 18".
THANKS again. I just joined so I can see where this forum will help me a lot.

If you buy a gallon of these spheres, then mix them into a gallon of latex house paint, you should be able to have more then enough to put a full two coats on. Get a Home Depot 5 gallon 'Homer Bucket' or similar to do your mixing and be prepared to spend a while folding the two together. I found that two and now pretty heavy coats took a long time to fully dry

And wear your dust mask!!!!