Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - alternative to Lizard Skin
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 10:17 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5StudeGuy View Post
since this is so inexpensive... Obviously I'll do the inside floor of the cab,.. but I was curious; would you do the underside of the cab to cut down on header and exhaust heat.
Do you think it'd help any??

Oh.. just in case this is a web link to my little project.
I'm kind of proud of it since I never did any type work like this before.. had to learn to weld, etc.
http://studebakerproject.yolasite.com/
I would not do the underside of the cab with the latex/micro spheres. My suggestion is to use truck bed liner - even the spray on is very resistant to road debris kicked up. I used that stuff under my fenders as well and so far not a sign of deterioration.

That is a great project - my only negative comment is the use of concrete blocks as jack stands - don't. They fail with potentially disastrous results. Harbor Freight has several capacity sets and are almost always on sale.

That tribute to your pup - great. Our kids are long gone with the youngest over 40 so we 'replaced' them with a mid size poodle, shown with me in my car and who is everything you could ask in a 4 legged companion.:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Callie and Dave2.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	70992