Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - alternative to Lizard Skin
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2006, 05:15 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 302/Z28
I have used exterior latex before to paint a radio control airplane. This was a scale WWII P47 with a wing span of 86 inches. The entire aircraft was polyester fiberglass primed with automotive primer. I went with flat latex because it more closely approximated the paint job that was on the planes of that time period and the color match was easy with the mixing at the local stores, This P47 was powered by a 2 stroke gasoline engine of 62cc. The finish was extremely durable holding up exceptionally well to the gasoline. I did this following an article in a popular radio control magazine...........................Here is a picure of the P47 that was painted witth latex house paint. That photo is about 5 years old and the plane still looks good, no I have not crashed it

Vince
Didn't realize you were into RC Scale. I was the 1985 Scale Masters Championship head static judge. Been out of the hobby for several years but still working on my book which contains a selection of 5 view scale drawings for scratch builders. I've completed 75 aircraft and want to have a total of 100 before trying to find a publisher. Most are little known versions of popular aircraft and some are total odd balls. By the way, nice P-47.