Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Altima GXE Intake Manifold Gasket
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2007, 08:37 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

2001 Altima GXE Intake Manifold Gasket

I am wondering if others have encountered problems with the intake manifold gaskets on Nissan Altima GXE's. This model is a 2.4L I4 with EFI and US assembled. The problem encountered was a cracked intake manifold gasket resulting in rough idle, leaking of coolant, and an engine code.

A probable reference to this gasket appears here, although this particular diagram is for 1993 to 1998 models which may be similar:
http://autozone.com/az/cds/en_us/090...rInfoPages.htm

The failed gasket is item 3 on the diagram but the gasket kit includes the intake manifold to intake manifold collector as well.

The first repair with a genuine Nissan part resulted in a second cracked gasket and the followup with an after market gasket set finally was successful.

Magically, this happened shortly after the 6 year/60K mile warranty had crapped out. What a coincidence!

Any comments would be appreciated. I did not see anything on the recall sites with the exception of some tire problems on this particular model.

Last edited by awbazar; 04-24-2007 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Left out the model year (2001) the first time around.