Hot Rod Forum banner

Aluminum Cleveland heads?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  brainsboy 
#1 ·
I just ordered the alum. edelbrock performer air gap. for my motor finally! ( applause) lol and i got thinking about alum. heads in the future does anyone build them ( rollerized) and what would be a ball park figure(CND). A guy i work with works on an alcohol top fuel? class out of mission... i think and he said no ones makes these heads... is he right ?

thanks
bill c

#4 ·
Hey thanks for the response. I've checked them both out. they seem to be the same set of heads, like a duplicate. Also they're for 351w, 302, and 289. The price doesn't look to bad. I'm thinking that my rough revving over 5200 is due to my ( although brand new) valve springs. I'll keep checking things out.
thanks
bill

#5 ·
hey gotcha thanks. ya those look good although in not sure about the specs.. and if they'll be the best match... i know they'll be better then what i have. I have every receipt for my engine build. If i took it all back to him do you think he'd be able to give me all my spec's? That way i can get heads that will be just right for my application. I was given a card but not sure how to tell if its has good news or not. I have i believe 9.5.1 comp. KB flattops a 250 mega isky grind. the card reads as this.

Adv. Dur in-264 ex-264__ .050 Dur in-214 ex-214__ Cam Lift in .300 ex.300
Valve Lift in-.525 ex-.525 lash HYD

In pattern B223 Ex pattern B223 Lobe separation 108

If anyone can tell me what this means ( in slightly above)lol layman's terms i'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks once again
bill C

#12 ·
some aluminum heads are available for clevelands out of australia I believe, but they are hard to find. Edelbrock also makes cleveland 3V heads, but you may have to check out Jeg's website for them. We deal a lot with clevelands and have found that you can build pretty much as much horsepower as you want with cast heads if they are worked over right (we build about 700 horsepower out of a 351 cleveland with the stock stroke). It really just depends if your worried about weight or not

#13 ·
[QUOTE="70" Cougar]hey gotcha

Adv. Dur in-264 ex-264__ .050 Dur in-214 ex-214__ Cam Lift in .300 ex.300
Valve Lift in-.525 ex-.525 lash HYD

In pattern B223 Ex pattern B223 Lobe separation 108

If anyone can tell me what this means ( in slightly above)lol layman's terms i'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks once again
bill C[/QUOTE]

Good street cam with smooth low and mid range torque curve, should pull well to 5500+.
Slight idle sound because of the 108 LSA.

264*= valve seat duration at .006 lobe lift (considered to be zero lifter lift)
214* valve duration at .050 lobe lift (not valve lift) =the modern unit of comparison between cams, since the air doesn't start moving well until the valve gets open this much

Cam lobe lift .300 times Cleveland's 1.75 rocker arm ratio= .525 valve lift
B223 is their lobe profile design. Means nothing to us.
108* Lobe Separation Angle = the timing between the exhaust and intake lobes and determines the amount of overlap/ the time the intake and exhaust valves are open at the same time, which makes the lopey idle we like to hear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.