Hot Rod Forum banner

Aluminum door panels

12K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  eloc431962 
#1 ·
I am planning on making some more of these panels and putting them on Ebay. What would be a good price for something like this and would people like them over a bead rolled panel.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Weimer, my plan is to make panels that are 24" X 48" and not put any holes in them so they can be fit to a lot of cars. I am going to put them on Ebay so someone can buy them with credit card through Pay Pal. I am going to start by making three different designs and will end up making custom sizes so they can be built into a spoiler or other panels. What are the dimensions on a S-10 door panel.

#8 ·
I just started making them and added a new pattern. If you type in aluminum door panels on ebay both should come up. Its hard to make unpainted aluminum look nice in a picture but they are nice. I am polishing both sets right now because the mill finish has some minor scratches I dont like. I decided today I will be polishing all I sell.

#13 ·
Niapym, here is a link to my website. I dont have but 2 designs yet but will be doing some more. A problem I have is not having access to cars panels to build a panel just for that car. I am going to talk to a guy I know at the wrecking yard and see if he will let me know as cars come in that I can make a pattern for. If someone is local to me and has a non butchered pair of doors I would custom fit and shear a pair just for that model car for $100 just to have that pattern.

http://home.mchsi.com/~bigblock/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html

Thanks
Kevin

#18 ·
70chevy
I am still trying to get my stuff together to make the building process a lot quicker. I have come a long way but I'm getting parts together right now to build a hole punch setup for the window and door cranks holes. It probably takes me 5 times as long as it should because I have to drill, grind and file the holes now. The hole punch dies should show up at the house this afternoon. I can probably build the press by Monday. I think I'm going to be able to get a 71 C10 maybe tomorrow, but its about a 5 hr pull there and back. I will have to look at the size of the door panels but even if there a little bigger I will probably still sell them for about $85 and $89 on ebay because of its cost. When I get the truck I'll look at the headliner and kick panels also.
Thanks, Kevin

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Full Throttle said:
I am planning on making some more of these panels and putting them on Ebay. What would be a good price for something like this and would people like them over a bead rolled panel.

Hey there Bud, I would like you to build me a pair of Cool Alum door panels for my 41 Willys. What do you need in the way of measurements and what is your quote? We can talk about the design pattern and the way to affix them to the door shell. I need a cut out for a speaker and door handle. Harry G. ********** 1941 Willy's

#21 ·
You do realize that this thread is over 6 years old.......The guys link to his website does not work......and, if it did work, I would be deleting it as advertising is not allowed on this board. Neither are want ads to get work done......You can try PMing the guy, he may answer you

Also....putting your phone number and email on these boards is not a good idea......invitation for spammers.

thanks

#23 ·
Hey Harry, I dont build panels any more. I have a full time job so it was just a side thing for me. They are a real hassle for the whole process from getting sheet metal to packaging them and having the shippers damage them. I was sorry I ever started messing with them.
Kevin

#24 ·
Murder One

Hey Kevin,
Thanks for the word, I actually found a place in MD that says he can make them for me. " Autofab" Mine are a little tricky anyway. I am having the outline on Dead Body stamped into the metal like a crime scene sketch. then I have a 9" Gun Barrell split down the center loaded with three 38 Cal. Bullets, then on top of that, the panel gets beaded all around the edge with Bullets all in a line a few inches apart around the entire panel.

Harry G.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.