Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Aluminum radiator problem
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:34 AM

Last journal entry: #174-40 The Last Show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hey guys, thanks for the input but...the hole seems to be up under the top tank in the core. The shop couldn't get to it to solder or what ever so they tried to stuff epoxy into the fins to seal the leak. Which worked for awhile. Against popular advice I even tried the aluminum stop leak, which worked for awhile. Now I'm tired of the "fixes" and want to repair the leak. I have talked to lots of people who seem the think it would be a radical way to go to cut the top off but if it leaks and can't be repaired then there is no loss. It's junk any way. The new radiator cost me $400 and the cheapest one I've found is $260, I can get a lot of welding done for $200 or so. When I have my garage project done and can get to the hot rod I think this is the plan I'll go with. It is also less than shipping it back to the manufacturer (I've had it too long, and it's been worked on so no warranty). Thanks again for the replies!