Hot Rod Forum banner

Always see the Good in the Bad

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Beenaway2long 
#1 ·
Yesterday Jennifer's dad and stepmom had their house reposessed by the State because they didn't pay their taxes or mortgage for i don't know how long. I feel a little bit bad, but he did bring it on himself by being irresponsible with money. (which is one of the reasons why Jennifer lives with her mom and stepdad)

Anyway, when I changed engines in my Mustang, I used his tree-mounted hoist to do the transplant and my 6 cyl has been sitting in his back yard for the past 6 months. We decided to borrow a friend's truck and do a quick 'grab and run' at 1am last night in the pouring rain only to find out that my 6cyl was 30 feet away from the hoist and out of range for the chain to pull. We couldn't budge it.

After scrounging up my old exhaust pipes, trans spacer plate, spare intake, and stuff for my 351 I noticed that he he had his 351W (that we've used for misc. parts) sitting 3 feet from the hoist. I called him and we traded on the spot, so Jen and I threw a tire in the bed and dropped it in.

After getting home, it wasn't easy sliding the engine+tire off the bed onto a huge pile of cardboard boxes we threw on the garage floor to soften the drop.

So . . . . . . . . . now her stepmom is locked up on Unfit Parenting charges, her stepsister is in a foster care home, and her dad is living down the street with grandpa. Like I said, I feel kinda bad that all of this happened in one day, but I wasn't about to let the State get ahold of MY property without some kind of compensation. All in all, I'm pretty happy. Now I have a spare block with internals, heads, and intake to tear down and build up over time. Anyone think I did something wrong here? Because I do feel about 2% guilty for trading engines even though I did have his approval.

MoocH

See less See more
#2 ·
They reposesed his house not his personal property. The engine was his personal property and his to do with as he pleases. Nothing wrong with what you did at all. Actually I would think the Bank/State would be glad to have one less piece of junk they'll have to pay to have carried off the property.

A midnight grab may not have been the best way to do it but you have it now so the deed is done.

Centerline

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.