Hot Rod Forum banner

Am I correctly identifying these as GM "X" rods?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ericnova72 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am cleaning out my garage and came across these "flat top" 305 pistons with what I thought to be X rods with ARP rod bolts that came out of a circle track engine.

Can anyone else confirm? Also any idea what I should be asking for them on eBay? $30? $150

I have no idea if they are really worth anything now days.

Thanks
Shane

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeah, those are "X" rods

As far as value, they were worth more before SCAT and Eagle I-beams became available. "X"s are really nothing special, just the slightly better of the various stock rods, which isn't saying a whole lot. We looked for them when there was nothing better available in the budget category and couldn't afford Carillos or similar H-beams, but not now.

$100 a set is all I'd pay, fresh from a resize with the ARP bolts....and the seller would likely have more than that into them just in bolt and machining cost.....with the SCAT being so much better material wise, with capscrews instead of standard bolts and ready to run out of the box you'd practically have to give me stock rods for free before I'd use them....but that's just my thoughts.

I think if you could get $75 for them in the current condition you'd be doing good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.