Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Am I the only one who thinks this way about these old cars?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,324 Times in 1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86GMC
you're not the only one. I ran into an old timer this summer, while driving my 53 pathfinder (pontiac, not jeep), who recognized the car for what it was. I asked him how he knew about it, and he tells me that he worked in the oshawa plant where they were built, and there was a 50/50 chance he installed my back seat, depending which shift it went through on. kind of cool to meet maybe the first person ever to plant himself in my back seat lol.

Also, my 46 IH has been locally owned since it was new, and one day at a show this woman comes up and we start shooting the bull, she saying that her husbands father used to have the same truck way back. turned out that my truck was their truck, and her son was concieved on that seat. Disturbing....but makes me thankful i recovered it.
LOLOL, now THAT is funny! I met a guy who quite possibly painted my Gran Sport being he painted cars the day it went thru the Fremont Assembly plant. Meeting the family that I bought my 65 Skylark from (I don't have that one anymore) was a kick., He had photos of him bringing it home to his family with two little kids it was really cool seeing those photos. He had kept EVERYTHING from that car. We are talking EVERY receipt since new! He had the notes he wrote on the price he discussed with the salesmen. He had the color chart with the color he picked circled, it was really cool.

Brian