Hot Rod Forum banner

amc 360

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  a401cj 
#1 ·
i have a jeep j-10 truck with a 360 that runs when it is cold but when you get it hot and turn it off it doesnt want to start again till it cools down any suggestions on what to do just let me know
thanks

#5 ·
I think that's probably right. Could have warped head or cracked head, blown head gasket, ruined bearings and several other things that are heat-related.

I'd be on the lookout for another engine.....there are still a good many around; and I think the 304, 343, 360 and 390 all use the same bolt pattern.

#6 ·
dalesy said:
I think that's probably right. Could have warped head or cracked head, blown head gasket, ruined bearings and several other things that are heat-related.

I'd be on the lookout for another engine.....there are still a good many around; and I think the 304, 343, 360 and 390 all use the same bolt pattern.
they do, as well as the 401.. but the crank snout changed in '72 when AMC started using the TF trans, which knocks the 343 out as a possible swap in

#7 ·
dalesy said:

.........401 too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.